National Trends and Services (NTS)
Links in Action – Programs and Outreach – National Trends
POLITICAL POWER … IMPACTING OUR COMMUNITY…
- The National Trends and Services, seeks to focus on “national trends” to plan “services” that will make an impact on our communities.
- Our mission is to empower the communities in which we work by focusing on key initiatives, e.g. Voter Registration, Community Forums, and partnering with other Links Facets to deliver stellar programming for our umbrella program – Unity Care, and other projects.
The Vision of the National Trends and Services facet is to eliminate disparities by reducing barriers to services through advocacy, education, and service.
- Address relevant needs in our community including voter registration, youth activism and educational programs. Bring awareness to issues and actions to take as individuals and through organizations, agencies, and community service to have positive impact.
- Provide learning experiences for foster youth that focus on the importance of preparing for
future real-life situations.
- Educate young adults about the importance of their voice and choices in the election process. Increase
the number of registrant voters between the ages of 17 – 27.
- Increase and develop new partnerships for the Chapter, e.g. African American Community Service Agency (AACSA) and Young Invincibles.
- Voter Registration Drive (VRD)
- Ongoing – several events throughout the Year: Juneteenth, Malls, Flea Markets, Community Colleges, and collaboration with community partners.
- Local Summits – “Student Empowerment Forum” – Held bi-annually
- Focusing on political action (Black Lives Matter), Voting Rights, and Legal Rights.
- IPC – Unity Care – Participation in various events focused on the needs of foster care youth including, “Making Your House Your Home” – Workshops
- Home-“Design on a Dime”
- Environmental -“Go Green or Go Home”
- “Etiquette- ‘Your Seat Awaits”
- Finances – “Show Me the Money”
- Meals – “Planning and Prepping”